Wednesday 20 June 2012

Strawberry & Blueberry Salsa

The whole world needs to go make this right now. I promise it won't disappoint.
It was so easy and tasty that I feel it will be my go to summer accoutrement forever more. 




I give you: Strawberry & Blueberry Lime Salsa. 
(adapted from How Sweet it is)


1 Handful of blueberries
4-5 Strawberries 
Zest of 1 lime
Juice of 1 lime
Mint Leaves
Onion (I used white as that's what I had but red would work just as well)
1 bunch of Cilantro/ Coriander 
Salt & Pepper


This is not an exact science so change the ratios however you wish. The lime cuts the sweetness of the fruit so I wouldn't suggest cutting it down unless you'd rather something closer to a coulis than a salsa. 


Directions: Put them into a blender and blend. BAMM your done.


I served it with pan fried cod and a salad but I think this would be good with tortilla chips, burgers or any type of fish. 


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment