Sunday 24 June 2012

Weekend Snaps

I hope you had as good a weekend as I had- full of good food and friends. 


Gluten Free Blueberry & Raspberry pancakes

I realized I had never made American pancakes. Sure, I've made English pancakes, but never the big fluffy filling kind. UNTIL TODAY! And, if I do say so myself, they were delicious. 


Recipe:
1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (self-raising). I used Amy Ruth's that I picked up at Marylebone Fair.*
1 egg
1 cup soy milk
2 tablespoons salter butter
squeeze of honey (but wonder whether maple syrup will also be delicious) 
2 tablespoons of Vanilla Macadamia Nut Sugar**
Blueberries & Raspberries 


Mix the wet then add the dry.


*You can make this non-gluten free by just not using regular, gluten filled, flour. Same measurements. 
**This is an ingredient I picked up in Maui years ago (see picture below). To be honest, any sugar will do or even a sugar substitute. With gluten free cooking you need something to counterbalance the bitterness of the flour.



 


Also enjoyed an amazing Midsummer Feast with my Swedish friend... for which I made Salsa for (didn't say I was logical). 
 More Picked Herrings than I thought existed. 

 Smorgasbord!

 Random Salsa?

'Eggs with Eggs' boiled eggs with fish roe

And to finish it all off- a glass of wine in the sun

Hope you had a good weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment