Sunday 15 July 2012

Alice House

 Alice House is the perfect antidote to pub fatigue (which I currently have). 
It's large enough to not elbow people every time you lift your drink but not too big that it doesn't have a bustle. The atmosphere is great and the bar staff are really friendly and helpful, but the BEST part, and the most important part, is their drinks menu. 
Their cocktails are the perfect blend of Britishness (think gin, think cider, think elderflower) mixed with 'other' (think tequila, think rum, think champagne!). If your party is big enough they offer several of their signature cocktails in teapots (an increasingly common trend I'm finding). 









I was too quick to drink so didn't take enough time to actually write down what I had, but I can say they were some of the best cocktails I've had in the UK recently. The first had sparkling wine with Early Grey syrup (and a few other additions) and the other was a rhubarb based drink with tequila. 
Although I didn't try any their food looked pretty delicious too! When you're next in the North West London area, I would highly recommend a stop in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment